This course aims to help improve awareness and responsibility around establishing and maintaining professional ethics. It is helpful where there are concerns, allegations or findings in relation to issues such as:
- Dishonesty / probity issues
- Research/audit fraud
- Falsifying notes
- Breaching confidentiality
- Failing to maintain accurate records
- Unauthorised accessing of records
- Inaccurate CV’s
- Misuse of prescription or non-prescription medication
- Causing unnecessary delays in the progression of cases
- Personal criminal or civil cases which affect work
- Emotional over-involvement with patients
- Non-sexualised inappropriate interactions with patients.
Who Is The Course For?
The course is for people in roles working with people, including medicine, nursing, social work, ministry, education, therapy, criminal justice, corporate and political settings.
When The Course Is Helpful
The course is for professionals who have a need to look at ethics. It may be helpful when there are concerns about ethics or probity, and when there are disciplinary or conduct hearings or other professional processes.
It is helpful where there are concerns, allegations or findings – it is important to understand that the course has been helpful to people who face allegations, including where allegations are contested.
Learning Methods Include
- Pre-course reading
- Conversations with the trainer
- Evidence from research
- Eliciting core values
- Recorded lectures
- Group discussion
- Working in pairs
- Acted Scenarios
- Playing The Professionalism Game®
- Playing Lumination®
- Creating a Personal Development Plan
- Attitudes towards power and authority
- Belief and its functions
- Blind spots
- Cognitive distortions
- Core Values
- Counter-dependent ways of being
- Distinction between context and cause
- Dynamics of risk
- Ethics in professional life
- Impact and consequences
- New ways of relating and being
- New ways of communicating
- Notion of total responsibility
- Power differentials.
- Practitioner self-disclosure
- Relationship with vulnerability
- Three stages of moving on
Goals & Intended Outcomes
The course goals are:
- To increase professional responsibility and awareness on ethical practice
- To increase awareness of vulnerabilities and risk factors
- To put in place a personal plan
By the end of the course, participants will:
- Improve understanding of personal history and antecedents to problems
- Consider needs for further professional assistance and personal development
- Understand the impact of actions on others
- Learn techniques for establishing and maintaining sound ethical practice
- Improve understanding of professional role
Booking Process & Fee
There are 5 places on each course.
Each participant is required to complete a pre-course form, returning it at least 3-weeks before the start of course. The information requested is confidential and explores the context, substance of the issue/s faced and personal perspective. This information will ensure the course facilitator is fully informed as to the circumstances that bring you to us.
The price for the course is £1,250 +VAT (£1,500) and a place is secured when payment is made.
All bookings are made in agreement with our [terms and conditions]. Payment is by bank transfer and places can be held for 24 hours to enable payments to be made. Payment plans are available on request.
What Our Clients Say...
Our clients need to demonstrate understanding, insight, reflection and the tools needed to have learned and give the regulator confidence that it will not happen again. That is where the Maintaining Professional Boundaries courses come in. The courses really do make a difference, genuinely helping the individual to make sense of their behaviour and to emerge as a better person and practitioner, often saving their careers as a result. Clients have described the course as “life-changing” and I highly recommend them as the first port of call.
Stephen Hooper, Eastwoods Solicitors
If you would like to know more about the course, please download our full course brochure or contact us