If problems in communication have been an aspect of the problem you are facing, this course can be a part of the process of developing insight and demonstrating remediation.
Live online events
- 17 Feb 20221 day, 9:00 AM GMT - 5:30 PM GMT
- 21 Apr 20221 day, 9:00 AM BST - 5:30 PM BST
- 29 Jul 20221 day, 9:00 AM BST - 5:30 PM BST
- 27 Sep 20221 day, 9:00 AM BST - 5:30 PM BST
Difficulty in listening is often at the centre of communication problems and this course raises awareness and provides a space for developing insight and creating ways of being which are powerful in communication. Proper listening in a professional context can help to handle issues early and to avoid future complaints.
If you want to feel freer to communicate effectively with the people you work with this course is for you.
The course is run as a small group session with restricted places. The approach is a highly interactive one, which will involve a coaching approach and sharing from experience.
Goals & Intended Outcomes
- Increased understanding of the practice of listening.
- Improved capacity for listening.
- Begun to have developed new approaches to listening in practice.
- Principles of listening
- How we avoid listening
- Values associated with listening
- Relationship of listening to professionalism
- Uses and misuses of metaphor
- Planning and next steps
- Conversations with the trainer
- Group exercise
- Group discussion
The first part of the day explores in depth principles of listening, definitions, meanings, and what listening gives access to. The second part is a live opportunity to identify individual concerns and to create new ways of listneing. Each person has a chance to increase their awareness about how interruptions to listening have affected their present situation, including how listening can become a core preventative measure for future problems.