An in-depth look at probity, honesty, the risk matrix and the expectations of regulators when a probity issue is identified, with an emphasis on insight, reflection and remediation.
Live online events
- 07 Jun 20221 day, 9:00 AM BST - 5:30 PM BST
- 26 Jul 20221 day, 9:00 AM BST - 5:30 PM BST
- 02 Sep 20221 day, 9:00 AM BST - 5:30 PM BST
- 13 Oct 20221 day, 9:00 AM BST - 5:30 PM BST
- 04 Nov 20221 day, 9:00 AM GMT - 5:30 PM GMT
- 01 Dec 20221 day, 9:00 AM GMT - 5:30 PM GMT
This course is for people who have had a concern or complaint of any kind in relation to professional conduct. It covers the fundamentals of what is required when conduct is in question, and gives a start in responding to formal processes. It can be taken as a stand-alone course, or as a pre-cursor to our intensive tailored three-day programmes.
- Exploration of probity
- Linking values and ethics
- Examination of honesty and dishonesty
- Review of core requirements in formal processes
- The matrix of risk in relation to conduct
- Context and cause
- Insight - defining and understanding
- Reflection - what it takes
- Remediation & restoration - what is needed
- Power differential, uses and misuses
- Ways of being explored
- Vulnerability - a core component
- Next steps - outlining ways forward
- Pre-course reading
- Sharing narratives
- Knowledge sharing
- Recorded lecture
- The Professionalism Game®
- Group discussion
- Individual time
Goals & Intended Outcomes
- Increased understanding of probity in professional practice.
- Expanded awareness of responses to formal processes.
- Begun to have developed new approaches to ethics.